Friday, September 08, 2006
Words of Awakening
I spent the past two weeks stressed out of my mind... I feel as if I'm finally beginning to come to a level of sanity again. While I still want to do well in my classes, I've been able to come to grips that its not worth killing myself over. Perhaps it was the other night when Todd bluntly told me that he wasn't going to sit back and watch me kill myself. Its amazing what goes through your mind after hearing those words come from the mouth of someone you dearly love. It makes you realize how what you're doing is also hurting them. Ouch! Anyway... it was good for me.

Since that day of realization, I've come to the point where I feel as I did second semester last year. I'm confident that I'll do okay and though I would love another 4.0, I'll survive if I don't get one (though, I did last semester... that was so shocking). While I've known this all along, sometimes I need a voice of reason to somehow knock it into my head. I'm a stubborn fool! Sometimes it takes awhile. I'm just thankful that I have loved ones who are patient enough with me to wait it out when I'm even slower than normal.
posted by Elizabeth @ 8:16 AM  
1 Comments:
  • At 9:00 PM, Blogger Todd said…

    I do believe they call that opening a can of "Whoop Ass" on it. Yup.

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
A Fresh Start
My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I'm finally a college graduate who's now going in a direction different than my degree. Its stressful at times, but completely worth it.

Recent Posts
Archives
Contact
Links
Template by
Free Blogger Templates

Get Ubuntu!  Linux for Human Beings
© A Fresh Start