| Sunday, December 10, 2006 |
| When My Faith is Weak |
So before I get too behind in my blogging, I figured I should take a few minutes and review the happenings of my last week. First, I have to say that this past week was much worse than this week appears to be... this is finals week. Last week, beginning with Sunday evening my group had to present our public relations campaign to our client. Wednesday, my advertising group had to present our advertising campaign and turn in the paper that went with it. Thursday, our PR campaign paper was due. Once that paper was turned in Thursday evening, I felt rather home-free.
Now... that's just the homework related stuff. Tuesday evening we had an AH meeting about AHMI coming up in less than a month. Now, to being with, I have to say that my finances are a bit shaky right now. Its not that I can't handle my money, its just that I don't have any. The amount of the bills that I have staring me in the face is less than what I know is coming in. Anyway, at this meeting, they tell us that there will be $50 to help cover the cost of lodging. As if my week hadn't been difficult enough working on all these projects, something financial had to be added. Here's where I lost it. I'm normally able to keep my cool, but for some reason, I just started crying. Thankfully, most of the people at the meeting are my friends, but it was still rather embarrassing.
Anyway, Thursday evening after the last paper was turned in and I was in the Presidential Banquet Room at the cafeteria helping to set up for the Phonathon Christmas party, my phone lets me know that I have a message. So as I'm listening to my message, I start crying again, for the second time in three days. Patrice, my boss from development, asks me if I'm okay... and for once, my tears were tears of extreme joy and shock. Lynn called to let me know that someone had given $50 for my lodging cost for AHMI, and another $50 so I don't have to worry about the cost of food. This was my MIRACLE!
Time and time again, I sit and worry about my financial situation; yet every time, God provides a way out. I don't know who this angel is, but I thank God for them! Once again, God has proven His faithfulness. While there are still bills to be paid with money unknown, God has reminded me that He is truly in control of my life.
I feel the need to share my favorite verse... of which I seem to have forgotten lately...
Isaiah 65:24 - "I will answer them before they even call to me. While they are still talking about their needs, I will go ahead and answer their prayers!"
Even though I tend to be quite the doubter sometimes, God is truly faithful... even if it is at the extreme last minute. He seems to enjoy testing our faith so that it will grow. |
posted by Elizabeth @ 9:24 PM  |
|
| 1 Comments: |
-
Hey Elizabeth! Praise the Lord for the excellent blessing He sent you! You're right that God can often use difficult times to teach us things about His faithful character and His steadfast love. However, I'm not sure I agree entirely with your last statement: that God ENJOYS testing us to make us grow. I think He would much rather avoid it. The problem is our stuborness and the sinful world we're living in...
|
| |
| << Home |
| |
| |
|
|
| A Fresh Start |

- Name: Elizabeth
- Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
I'm finally a college graduate who's now going in a direction different than my degree. Its stressful at times, but completely worth it.
View my complete profile
|
| Recent Posts |
|
| Archives |
|
| Contact |
|
| Links |
|
|
| Template by |
|
|
Hey Elizabeth! Praise the Lord for the excellent blessing He sent you! You're right that God can often use difficult times to teach us things about His faithful character and His steadfast love. However, I'm not sure I agree entirely with your last statement: that God ENJOYS testing us to make us grow. I think He would much rather avoid it. The problem is our stuborness and the sinful world we're living in...