| Saturday, November 04, 2006 |
| How Great THOU Art! |
This afternoon I had planned to go to a nursing home to get some of my volunteer time in for Social Work, but considering that we didn't sit down for lunch until 15 minutes before I had to be in front of Wright Hall... my plans quickly changed. Instead, I joined one of my roommates on a hike she planned. Since I had the full tank of gas and was the only one not blocked in, Ev, Amy and I got in my car and headed to go pick up Ryan at his hotel. We then sat around for a few minutes until Britni, Paulette, and Kevin were closer to the hotel before we headed on to I-75 headed north. The plan was for the 7 of us to meet some of Ev's friends there...
As we were headed to the visitors station at the Ocoee, Britni and the others in the car behind us were trying to get our attention (none of us had cell signal). Apparently, her car was telling her she had less than 2 gallons of gas left. Instead of continuing on, we decided to wander through the parking lot of Ocoee station 2 where we soon ran out of a place to walk. Standing by the edge of the river, Kevin taught some of us to skip rocks before we turned around and continued back towards the car.
With plenty of time left, we wandered down the ramp where most of the white-water rafters put in and this is where I went camera happy. While it wasn't the most gorgeous site I've ever seen, it was still beautiful. There's something so incredible about being surrounded by nature! At one point, I wandered to the edge of the ramp, the water spraying up around me, the sound of the water crashing just to the side of me, taking me away from the stress and hurry of the world I live in.
Worship is not something you do, but something you are. I've discovered that in those moments of true worship, there's nothing else that matters. I've always been rather self-conscious of what those around me may think, but as I've gained a better understanding of what God has in mind for me and as I've learned how to truly rest in His love, I've discovered a peace that overcomes my crazy life. It was in that moment this afternoon where I was alone with God, that once again, I truly felt the power of His greatness! |
posted by Elizabeth @ 10:58 PM  |
|
|
|
| A Fresh Start |

- Name: Elizabeth
- Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
I'm finally a college graduate who's now going in a direction different than my degree. Its stressful at times, but completely worth it.
View my complete profile
|
| Recent Posts |
|
| Archives |
|
| Contact |
|
| Links |
|
|
| Template by |
|
|