| Monday, September 11, 2006 |
| Springs of Life |
So this morning I'm not feeling all that hot. Music is always something that I feel I can relate to... so I went searching through my CDs for something I wanted to listen to. Here are the lyrics to a song reminding me where my source of strength comes from:
How many days, Lord, have I walked in this wilderness? A thirsty pilgrim with no water to drink. And this barren place is making me crazy, But in my desperation, I am forced to think. Seems like I have spent so much time searchin' In a dry and weary land where there's no Truth. But I think I'm finally realizin', That my only hope of water is the well that comes from You, So-
Chorus: Rain down Your love upon me Pour out Your mercy on me Please won't You take me to Your springs of life 'Cause I'm dying for deliverance, only You can save me, I'm waitin', please won't You take me, To Your springs of life.
Oh God, You are my God, And my spirit seeks You, But my flesh has failed You time and time again. And now I've chosen this desert when Your love was waitin', But Your stubborn child longs to understand- So I'll not waste another minute searchin' In a dry and weary land where there's no truth, Oh, I think I'm finally realizin' That my only hope of water is the well that comes from You, So
Rain down Your love upon me Pour out Your mercy on me Please won't You take me to Your springs of life 'Cause I'm dying for deliverance, only You can save me, I'm waitin', please won't You take me, To Your springs of life.
- Ginny Owens, Springs of Life
Overall... Ginny just has a lot of great music. Only problem is that sometimes it speaks to me so much that I start crying; not that its necessarily a bad thing since I tend to hold it all it, but still. Yeah... that's something I need to work on.
I've lived my life with an "I'm strong" attitude. I'm one of those people who don't like to burden others with what's on my mind unless I truly decide its necessary. Course, sometimes it comes around to kick me in the butt. Hence, the reason I feel the need to cry... 2 minutes after I wake up. Dang this sucks!
Ooh... another song.
Got a stack of books, So I could learn how to live; Many are left half-read, Covered by the cobwebs on my shelf. And I got a list of laws, Growing longer everyday; If I keep pluggin' away, Maybe one day I'll perfect myself. Oh, but all of my labor, Seems to be in vain; And all of my laws, Just cause me more pain; So I fall before You, In all of my shame; Ready and willing to be changed- Chorus: Own me Take all that I am, And heal me With the blood of the Lamb. Mold me With Your gracious hand; Break me till I'm only Yours- Own me Oh, you call me Daughter, And you take my blame; And you run to meet me, When I cry out Your name, So I fall before You, In all of my shame. Lord, I am willing to be changed Own me Take all that I am, And heal me With the blood of the Lamb. Mold me With Your gracious hand; Break me till I'm only Yours- Own me
-Ginny Owens, Own Me |
posted by Elizabeth @ 6:33 AM  |
|
|
|
| A Fresh Start |

- Name: Elizabeth
- Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
I'm finally a college graduate who's now going in a direction different than my degree. Its stressful at times, but completely worth it.
View my complete profile
|
| Recent Posts |
|
| Archives |
|
| Contact |
|
| Links |
|
|
| Template by |
|
|