| Monday, January 08, 2007 |
| Let Me Graduate!!! |
So today is the first day of my last semester as a student at Southern. For some reason, I think they're trying to keep me here though. This morning when I was trying to catch up on my Southern email, in my inbox I had a message from the dean of the school of visual art and design.
Last semester when I was registering for my classes this semester, I had to rework a number of classes in order to still meet all the requirements for graduation since one class I planned on taking was not being offered and another the time was moved to the same time as another I had hoped to take. Finally I was able to get everything worked out so that I was set to graduate in May. Apparently, there's no teacher for the class Contemporary Art History which 23 students registered for, and they're telling us this 3 days before classes are to start. This class is ultra important to my schedule as it meets my area D requirement as well as the writing intensive outside of my major. To make us all feel better, they're "offering" Ancient Art History instead. Not only does this not at all sound exciting to me, but when I go to the registration offices to get this taken care of, apparently the dean of the school of VA&D who sent me the email never contacted the necessary people to get the class built into the system.
As it stands right now, I'm still registered for a class that has no teacher and can't register for the class that is supposed to replace it because people are irresponsible. Again I'm reminded why I left that department freshman year. I JUST WANT TO GRADUATE!!! |
posted by Elizabeth @ 11:27 AM  |
|
|
|
| A Fresh Start |

- Name: Elizabeth
- Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
I'm finally a college graduate who's now going in a direction different than my degree. Its stressful at times, but completely worth it.
View my complete profile
|
| Recent Posts |
|
| Archives |
|
| Contact |
|
| Links |
|
|
| Template by |
|
|