Wednesday, October 04, 2006
Life as it comes...
So lately I've been going through those ups and downs that like to visit every so often. I try to keep a positive attitude and sometimes it comes to the point of forcing it, but there are other times I just want to crawl in hole.

I'm feeling ultra stressed right now. Between classes, work and trying to keep up with life around me, I need a break. I realize I'll be getting one in two weeks, but its more than that. I need to find something to do this weekend that will be a dose of ultra positive people. If I didn't have to find another three hours of community service for social work, I'd try and organize a Sabbath afternoon hike.

Here is my problem; a lot of those I really care about are going through a tough time right now. Instead of simply being a listening ear, I tend to let their troubles weigh me down. I spend my time trying to think of how to fix things. Its not healthy to have a constantly heavy heart.

So here's what I'm thinking. I feel as if I need to take a few days and step-back from life. I need to take the time to truly focus on God's love and refuel. I haven't really decided anything yet except for the sugar fast. I did it once last year and I know it makes a difference. I just have such a darn sweet-tooth, which I know over time the less I eat, it will begin to go away. So here goes... the rest of October. Funny thing is, as I think about it, this is about the same time I did this last year. We'll see if I can make it to Amy and my birthdays again.
posted by Elizabeth @ 12:08 PM  
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
 
A Fresh Start
My Photo
Name:
Location: Orlando, Florida, United States

I'm finally a college graduate who's now going in a direction different than my degree. Its stressful at times, but completely worth it.

Recent Posts
Archives
Contact
Links
Template by
Free Blogger Templates

Get Ubuntu!  Linux for Human Beings
© A Fresh Start