| Tuesday, January 16, 2007 |
| To Sing... or not to Sing? |
Okay, so the title of this post isn't completely accurate. There's not a thing in this world that could ever convince me to stop singing. Even if I went completely mute, I'd find some way even if I'm the only one who could hear it it my head.
But aside from that randomness, here's what's running through my brain at the moment. Last year I helped out with song service for the Southeast Youth Conference (SEYC, a regional branch [kinda] of GYC). Sure there were fun moments, especially since one of my friends was here with 3ABN who I rarely get to see, but there was one thing really lacking from the conference... the attitude of passionate worship.
I don't want to seem mean, but I really think song service could be better with someone else leading. As my friend Matt and I discussed once, there is a difference between someone leading worship and being a worship leader. To go from one song to the next simply introducing the song by title... there's really a lot missing. Its just really choppy! It frustrates me...
Anyway, I passed the guy in charge of the program planning on the way back from class just a bit ago, and he asked if I'd help again. All I could tell him is that I would pray about it. Its so hard to know what to say when what you feel is a problem begins with him. I suppose the best thing I can do is to be completely honest and let him know where I stand on the issue. Its not that I'd not enjoy helping again, but I don't want to he a part of a half-hearted "worship." If I take on the responsibility to help with worship, I feel as if I wouldn't be... I just feel as if I would feel even emptier afterwards than if I would just be a bystander.
I guess I just need to get a hold of the guy in charge and share all of the above rambling. I do feel a bit better now that its "on paper" and not just floating around in my head. |
posted by Elizabeth @ 11:08 AM  |
|
|
|
| A Fresh Start |

- Name: Elizabeth
- Location: Orlando, Florida, United States
I'm finally a college graduate who's now going in a direction different than my degree. Its stressful at times, but completely worth it.
View my complete profile
|
| Recent Posts |
|
| Archives |
|
| Contact |
|
| Links |
|
|
| Template by |
|
|